We are excited to introduce our 2020 In Your Ear Studio A Concert Series!
Upcoming live stream concerts:
- Tuesday, August 25: Andrew Alli and Josh Small (online live stream)
- Thursday, September 24: Shana Tucker (online live stream)
- Friday, October 23: Hank, Pattie and the Current (online live stream)
- Wednesday, December 9: Elizabeth Wise (online live stream)
Our past concerts:
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020: The Golden Age (sold out!)
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020: Crocodile River Music (sold out!)
- Friday, April 3, 2020: Eric Brace, Peter Cooper & Thomm Jutz (canceled)
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019: Fireside Collective (sold out!)
- October 11-13, 2019: JAMinc provided artists for the CarMax Family Stage during the 15th Annual Richmond Folk Festival, and handled transportation for the school outreach program.
- Thursday, November 7, 2019: Violet Bell
- Friday, December 6, 2019: Peppino D’Agostino
Tickets will be available online for each concert until the day before the event. Day-of tickets can be purchased at the door if available.
About our Studio A concerts …
Since 2004, JAMinc has brought musical artists “deserving a wider audience” to the intimate and acoustically pristine confines of In Your Ear Music and Recording in Shockoe Bottom at 1813 E. Broad Street. In May of 2018 we presented our 100th concert in the series featuring Richmond rock and blues veterans Bill Blue and Mike McAdam. Check our site often for news of upcoming events.
Pot Luck +
These performances in Studio A are in a house concert format much like a pot luck supper with world-class live music. Tables are set up in the studio lobby for food and drink. Guests arrive early to share what they brought and socialize. Doors open at 6:30pm. The only cost to participate in this feast is your one dish to share.
And what do folks bring? Well, anything from a favorite homemade dish to something picked up on the go from the local market. Appetizers, deserts, veggie trays, chips and dip, pizza, fried chicken, ham biscuits, sushi, meat balls, BBQ are typical. And please label your dishes as vegan or vegetarian (as appropriate).
Bring a serving utensil! 🙂 We have one semi-regular who serves everyone ice cream cones, and another who brings a theater-style popcorn popper. Variety is encouraged and a big part of the fun, so use your imagination. But please don’t come empty-handed.
JAMinc provides ice, cups, soft drinks/water, plates, napkins, and eating utensils. There are a few outlets to plug in slow cookers. There are no food or drink specifications or restrictions. Dress is casual.
The In Your Ear entrance is on the south side of E. Broad at the corner of 19th in Shockoe Bottom (just east of the McDonalds). Go up the brick steps that face Broad. Reservations will be guaranteed until 7:45 PM, so let us know if you’ll be arriving late.
The concerts begin promptly at 7:30pm. When it’s time for music the lights blink, and all go from the lobby to adjoining Studio A, where folding chairs are set up. The studio is a listening space, and conversation during the performance and recording is strongly discouraged although enthusiastic applause and support of the musicians is encouraged. The time for socializing is before and after the concert or during the break. Please, no flash or video photography during performances. There are generally two 50-60 minute sets with a 20-minute break in between. Concerts typically end by 10pm.
Here is what a typical JAMinc Concert at In Your Ear looks like!